Me

Me
Blogger pic

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Why I hate school, but love education

After watching the above entitled video I found it informational, entertaining and interesting. It makes you think. All the people mentioned in the video were or are among the most successful people in the world. The thing they have in common other than being extremely successful is that they did not graduate from college. College is not a prerequisite to being successful. College is a vehicle that helps prepare your mind to think outside the box. It gets you ready for the hard work required in the outside world to be successful. Being educated does not mean you obtained a college degree, but rather means you have common sense, have a strong work ethic, are motivated and are able to think for yourself. "It does a fool no good to spend money on an education, why because he has no common sense." If you are not a self starter and possess some level of intelligence you will not succeed. "Redefine how you view education, understand it's true meaning." I define being educated as learning things that you will help you going forward in life. In school we learn about a variety of subjects, some of which are not going to be used in everyday living. We need to figure out what is important to us and focus our knowledge in a particular area. "Now I'm not saying school is evil and there's nothing to gain, all I'm saying is understand your motives and reassess your aims." We have to understand what is important to us, where our passion lies. If you're are passionate about something it will not seem like work or a chore. You will be fully invested in it because it has the attention of your mind, body and soul. I agree with the title of the video. I personally do not enjoy school very much, never have. I do however enjoy learning about new things that I find interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment